[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Jboss is crashing and throwing Out of swap space error."

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 11 11:28:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Jboss is crashing and  throwing Out of swap space error.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519317#519317

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
Looking a little more carefully at the error message I notice that it is the compiler thread that is throwing the OOME. What is the size or the perngen? You might try increasing its max size, say to 512MB: -XX:MaxPermGen=512M

Also, I juts now read an aarticle about a new sysinternals tool: vmmap. You might try using that and see if it provides and other clues.