[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] New message: "Include XA aware connection factory with EAR"

Alexander Hartner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 11 11:51:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Include XA aware connection factory with EAR":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519323#519323

Author  : Alexander Hartner
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ejb3workshop

Message:
I would like to bundle the definition of an XA aware connection factory with my applications EAR. I am already including the destination need by the MDBs using a abc-service.xml file. However I would like to create a xa-transaction aware connection factory similar to those defined in hajndi-jms-ds.xml. I tried included a separate xyz-services.xml file with the following content:

{code:xml}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connection-factories>
  <!-- JMS XA Resource adapter, use this to get transacted JMS in beans -->
  <tx-connection-factory>
    <jndi-name>jms/CustomJMSConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
    <xa-transaction/>
    <rar-name>jms-ra.rar</rar-name>
    <track-connection-by-tx/>
    <connection-definition>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
    <config-property name="SessionDefaultType" type="java.lang.String">javax.jms.Topic</config-property>
    <config-property name="JmsProviderAdapterJNDI" type="java.lang.String">java:/DefaultJMSProvider</config-property>
    <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
    <security-domain-and-application>JmsXARealm</security-domain-and-application>
    <use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
  </tx-connection-factory>
</connection-factories>
{code}

However this didn't work. I know that I could define a connection factory using the following in my abc-service.xml file which is included in my ear.

{code:xml}
<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory"
      name="jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=MyConnectionFactory"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/ConnectionFactory-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">
                 jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
      </depends>....
{code}

however I am not sure if these will have the same transactional properties as those connection factories defined in hajndi-jms-ds.xml. Any information on the differences between the connection factories defined in hajndi-jms-ds.xml and those in jboss-messaging.sar/connection-factories-service.xml / abc-service.xml would help as well. Ideally I am looking for a method to define a connection factory with the same properties as JmsXA  and include that within my EAR file.

Thanks in advance
Alex