[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Deployer ordering issue for EJB/JAX-RS/WAR?"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 11 17:21:26 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Deployer ordering issue for EJB/JAX-RS/WAR?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519394#519394

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
> mailto:bill.burke at jboss.com wrote:
>
> JAX-RS needs to scan for EJBs within a WAR that might expose JAX-RS endpoints.  Right now, EJBs are in the same DU as the WAR.  The question I have is, what happens when EJBs become a child DU of the WAR?  I need to scan EJB metadata and then, if it has JAX-RS metadata, modify JBossWebMetaData.
>
> Are DUs deployed inner-most first?

Why would the EJBs be in a child DU? WARs don't have child DUs. See WARStructure.
WEB-INF/lib/*.jar are not subdeployments they are just part of the WAR's classpath.

To answer your last quest (probably redundant?), you can decide what order the DUs are passed to your deployer, see
Deployer::isParentFirst() which returns true by default from AbstractDeployer.