[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Sybase with jBPM 4.3"

Walter Seymore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 13 07:10:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Sybase with jBPM 4.3":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519794#519794

Author  : Walter Seymore
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/WalterJS

Message:
I've been able to get processes deployed and started on sybase, but not without some changes. I'm sure that the changes I've made is not what was intended by the API, so can somebody please have a look at the code and tell me how to do this properly.

As you will see in the hbm mapping, I'm using my own type for the blob:

I tried to change this to binary and use the BlobStrategyBinary, but at deploy time, there is no environment, so my strategy does not get picked up and the BlobStrategyBlob (the default) gets used. Once the environment is there, the binary strategy kicks in and I get NPE's because the lob.bytes variable is null.

The only change to my strategy was to use the binary stream instead of calling getBytes on the SerializableBlob because I get "java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Blob may not be manipulated from creating session" if I do. This is probably because I'm doing something wrong with my custom hibernate blob type. I'm sure I'm not supposed to write my own strategy since I had to put it in the jbpm package because of the protected access to the Lob member variables that I need access to.

Sorry for the long post, but I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Walter
WikipediaWictionaryChambers (UK)Google imagesGoogle defineThe Free DictionaryJoin exampleWordNetGoogleUrban DictionaryAnswers.comrhymezone.comMerriam-Webster<>0

wvcidfjoguarm