[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Getting variables for completed tasks"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 13 14:24:34 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Getting variables for completed tasks":


Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

I have to strongly disagree what you propose. Sure, lots of missing functionality could be implemented separately. Heck, you could even implement your own bpm engine.
If 80% of the functionality is there, one would be foolish to implement the other 20% in a separate way. Resulting in all kinds of maintenance issues like cleanup etc... migration in case it is implemented in jBPM eventually or even adding lots of code in lots of places.... yuck... In addition this would result in X people doing the same thing, A waist of time I'd say. And the remark of 'if you can't wait for the issues to be resolved' is a very passive attitude. Why not help out 'fixing' the issue. Everybody happy. Or is everybody afraid to help out? If so I'd be very curious to hear why. The code of jBPM 4 is very cleanly written and in the dev forum we are more then willing to help out.
So please either help out, or suggest this to others, but act in a way that is helpful for EVERYBODY


To reply to this message visit the message page: http://community.jboss.org/message/519882#519882

More information about the jboss-user mailing list