[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "How to setup a server and runtime for JBoss AS 6.0.0.M1"

Wouter Hartog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 18 19:36:54 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to setup a server and runtime for JBoss AS 6.0.0.M1":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520699#520699

Author  : Wouter Hartog
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/wouterhartog

Message:
I have installed the JBoss AS 6.0.0.M1 server and have the JBoss Tools 3.1 installed on Eclipse Galileo
I want to use the 6.0.0 environment as a server in Eclipse.
However, there is no JBoss Community Runtime 6.0 available in the 'New Server Runtime Environment' screen.
The best I was able to do was to select a 'JBoss 5.1 Runtime' and point to the 6.0.0.M1 installation on my pc.

Is there a better way of doing this?
What could go wrong if I select the 5.1 Runtime in the wizard and point to the 6.0.0.M1 installation?
If there's nothing in the Tools 3.1 version for the AS 6 version, in what version is JBoss 6 with all its features supported (e.g. CDI)?

Thank you