[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Re: Previously-evicted nodes generating NODE_CREATED?"

Bill Middleton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 04:02:06 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Previously-evicted nodes generating NODE_CREATED?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520997#520997

Author  : Bill Middleton
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/wjm

Message:
Hi again.

The workaround I've found here is to test the corresponding NodeSPI for isDataLoaded() when the NODE_ADDED cache event is processed.  If isDataLoaded() is true, then that seems to be a good indicator that the node is brand new, and has not been previously evicted.  We're running the cache in sync mode, and this is independent of whether we use 2.2.2 or 3.2.1 - both versions generate NODE_ADDED every time an evicted node is reloaded.   Boggle.