[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Ability to configure jBPM in persistence.xml"

Marcin Zaj?czkowski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 12:11:17 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Ability to configure jBPM in persistence.xml":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521148#521148

Author  : Marcin Zaj?czkowski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/Szpak

Message:
Hello,

I'm using jBPM 3.3.1 with Seam 2.2.0, JSF 1.2 and Richfaces 3.3.1.

I would like to ask about the following:
is it possible to use jBPM without hibernate.cfg.xml file? I mean, can I  configure everything in persistence.xml?
Currently I'm using both files:
- hibernate.cfg.xml for jBPM table mappings + some core hibernate properties
- persistence.xml for other JPA classes

Staying with hibernate.cfg.xml only is an option, be we would prefer to  stay with persistence.xml only.

The second question is about startup jBPM configuration processing.  After Tomcat startup jBPM loads process definitions. It results in some
database entries. How can we achieve processing this definitions only  the first time and than if this definitions are present just skip it?
This causes some problems with process resuming (I have multiple the  same process definitions after subsequent Tomcat startups).

Kind regards
Marcin