[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Problem Signaling a Waiting Execution"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 15:22:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problem Signaling a Waiting Execution":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521192#521192

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
Andy,

No sweat, and I certainly did not want to offend you in any way. It's just that I've never seen anyone (try to) use jBPM like this.

Regarding executions/processinstances et al.

Executions kind of travel trough the process like tokens in petri nets (in jBPM 3 they were called tokens). If there are no forks etc, there is only one root execution that at the same time is the equivalent of the process instance. Activities are what is done when the execution reaches a node.

hope this helps (a little)