[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "BeanMetaDataBuilder ignoring ignoreDestroy()?"

David Lloyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 16:06:26 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "BeanMetaDataBuilder ignoring ignoreDestroy()?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521213#521213

Author  : David Lloyd
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/david.lloyd@jboss.com

Message:
In jboss-threads, I call ignoreDestroy() on all ThreadGroup beans so that the ThreadGroup.destroy() method is never called.  However, when I deploy, undeploy, and redeploy a thread group, Threads which are subsequently added to the thread group cause an IllegalThreadState exception to be thrown from the thread group - indicating that it was in fact destroy()ed.  Interestingly, the ignoreStop() method seems to work, from what I can tell.  Am I seeing MC misbehaving (this is AS trunk), or some weird JDK auto-destroy behavior perhaps?