[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Can EJB 2.0 and EJB 3.0 beans be in single EAR file"

pravu Mi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 04:45:43 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Can EJB 2.0 and EJB 3.0 beans be in single EAR file":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521298#521298

Author  : pravu Mi
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/pravumishra

Message:
Hi ,

I have many modules those are developed by using EJB 2.0 and many new modules developed by using ejb 3.0. Instead of modifying( migrating) the EJB 2.0 code to ejb 3.0 I wanted to integrate all the modules in a single EAR file.

After placing all the modules into single EAR file, I foound the Screens those uses EJB 3.0 works fine and for EJB 2.0 it says  *javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Bean not bound*

Looks like from the defined 2.0 JNDI name it is not able to get the object.

Is the declaration of JNDI names and bean mapping for 2.0 is useless in case we use both type of beans(2.0 and 3.0) in a single EAR?

Can any body please provide some solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,
Pravu Mishra.