[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] New message: "Name lookup fails, reason unknown"

Timothy Mowlem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 13:07:22 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Name lookup fails, reason unknown":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521522#521522

Author  : Timothy Mowlem
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jvm

Message:
Hello,

I am a beginner with JBoss and J2EE. I am trying to get an app running from our source tree. I have JBoss 4.0.5 running okay. I have built and deployed the EAR successfully (I can see console and log messages to that effect and it appears in the JMX console).

The app uses EJB3 annotations and has no ejb-jar.xml

According to the JBoss docs (for v4.4 - don't know if things were different for 4.0.5) a remote client looks up a bean using the name:

"myapp/MyBean/remote"

where:

"myapp.ear" is the name of the deployed EAR file
"MyBean" is the name of the bean class as deployed in the EAR
"remote" is added for a remote call from a client

I am seeing:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: myapp not bound

I am feeding in the jndi properties via my own properties file which contains the following naming related parameters:

# Naming service parameters
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099

Please can anyone deduce the problem in this case?

Thank you.