[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Undemanding Dependencies"

David Lloyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 13:49:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Undemanding Dependencies":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521543#521543

Author  : David Lloyd
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/david.lloyd@jboss.com

Message:
> mailto:adrian at jboss.org wrote:
>
> Editor, ate my post again. ;-)
>
> Following the last comment, I'm not sure you wouldn't want more fine grained control on
> which dependencies start your bean?
>
> <bean name="A" mode="On Demand">
> <bean>
>
> <bean name="B" mode="On Demand"/>
Ah, that would be neat.  Let me see if I can wrap my brain around that...

So in this example, transitive-start would really mean that the targeted bean would control when this bean starts.  So the question is, if you had two such injected bean properties, when would A start?  When either injection is started, or only when both are?