[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?"

Jerry Simone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 23:11:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How do I enable pass-by-reference for EJB3 in JBoss AS container?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521600#521600

Author  : Jerry Simone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jlsimone

Message:
I am converting a somewhat large application from EJB2/WebSphere to EJB3/JBoss. In EJB2/WebSphere,I am able to configure the WebSphere container to use pass-by-reference between EJBs that coexist in the same JVM. I would like to do the same with the JBoss AS. I have done some research and saw some documentation that says you can use the <container-invoker-conf> tag in the jboss.xml file to optimize the calls within the container JVM. But I get the feeling that this is old, outdated information. So far, I have not been able to verify this with any information that I have found on the "current" (JBoss AS 5.1) jboss.xml file.

Can some one point me to an article or the documentation that might clarify this for me?

Thanks