[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] New message: "Re: Classloader VFS3 Integration"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 22 07:05:41 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Classloader VFS3 Integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521706#521706

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> I guess I don't see any reason it has to be just jboss-cl.  The problem is there are a lot of VFS dependent projects and it is becoming a difficult to manage all the branches, so I was trying to see if there was a way we could chip away at getting them on the trunk as the projects we more and more stable with the VFS3 integration and an based on dependency order, jboss-cl was the next likely candidate.
I think we should just set a reasonable date when we're gonna change them all at once.
We give devs time till then - properly warn/promote this date.
Then branch previous stuff to right branch versions, and move VFS3 stuff to respected trunks.

Wrt jboss-cl, I know Adrian is currently working on some OSGi support, so might not be the best time to "sweep the rug under his feet". :-)

> Below is a list of all the dependent projects that are used by AS.  There may even be a few more that I haven't come across.  Feel free to add any additional you can think of.
>
> http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14634
I don't see Seam-int there:
* http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-seam-int/trunk/
Although we need to check how much of VFS usage should be there once you move to VFS3.
It might be that we won't need it anymore -- due to more standard URL, paths, ...

I'll think about it if there are some others we missed.