[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints"

Andrew Rubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 25 13:26:38 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522141#522141

Author  : Andrew Rubinger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ALRubinger

Message:
We currently leverage DeploymentUnit to address scoping while resolving EJB references or endpoints.  For instance:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/weld-int/trunk/ejb/src/main/java/org/jboss/weld/integration/ejb/JBossSessionObjectReference.java

This class is used by Weld to keep a hook into the EJB Container.  Because it's backed by the jboss-deployers (structure) SPI, we end up leaking out into unrelated concerns.  Ultimately Brian advises that we cannot replicate this class safely for use in clustering.

>From what I can tell, all we need from DeploymentUnit is a scoping mechanism used to resolve references.  My first reaction is to create a component which represents this information in a safely Serializable manner.

>From here we might reuse this scoping in a more generic injection framework (which I suspect we'll need soon anyway with the coming of E-EJB).

S,
ALR