[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "EJB 3.0 - Injection via annotation into a servlet"

Riccardo Blumenthal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 26 09:36:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJB 3.0 - Injection via annotation into a servlet":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522316#522316

Author  : Riccardo Blumenthal
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/neron17

Message:
Hello Community,

I am trying to get a web application working. Therefore I made a servlet, a stateless session bean and an interface for that bean. Now I am trying to get my bean injected (I think that is the correct expression?) into the servlet to call a function. I activate the servlet via a url - that is working. But as soon as I enter the code for the injection my JBoss throws an error on deploying.

I have tried numerous ways but nothing helped. I have spent 3 days on this now and it would be really helpful if there is any advice for what I am doing wong.

Ok, lets get a bit more precise.

I am using Eclipse 3.5 (also to generate the EAR file for the JBoss) and JBoss 5.0.1.GA

My servlet code looks as follows:

package com;

import java.io.IOException;

import javax.ejb.EJB;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

import com.session.PersonControllerEJBemote;

public class SnoopServlet extends HttpServlet
{
     Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(SnoopServlet.class);

     @EJB
     PersonControllerEJBRemote personControllerEJB;

     public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
          throws ServletException, IOException
     {
          logger.info("doGet()");

          personControllerEJB.addPerson();
     }

}

Stateless Session Bean:
package com.session;

import java.io.Serializable;
import java.util.Date;

import javax.ejb.Local;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;
import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.apache.ws.scout.registry.infomodel.PersonNameImpl;

@Local({PersonControllerEJBLocal.class})
@Stateless(name="personController")
public class PersonControllerEJBImpl implements PersonControllerEJBLocal, Serializable
{
     @PersistenceContext(unitName="PersonControllerEJBImpl")
     private EntityManager em;

     private Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(PersonNameImpl.class);

     public void addPerson()
     {
          logger.info("addPerson()");
          System.out.println("Person added!");