[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Development] New message: "The server is spending near of 15-20 minutes to boot!!! Why?"

Javier Alperte do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 26 17:54:38 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "The server is spending near of 15-20 minutes to boot!!! Why?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522424#522424

Author  : Javier Alperte
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/xalperte

Message:
Hi,

Is the portal cms preloading (cache) all the repository content at startup?

I don't know if I'm the only one with the following problem but in my case I have a cms with near 60Mb of content (images, files, etc.) and the server is spending near of 15-20 minutes to boot. As you can imagine is really painfull trying to develope in this scenario.

Looking the startup I saw that the problem is in the *org.jboss.portal.cms.hibernate.state.JBossCachePersistenceManager*, exactly in the *loadProperties(...)* method. Looking inside this class you can see that the CMS Service is trying to load the entire repository content from database and caching them. What a crazy!!!

Is there any way to disable this behaviour or to improve the boot time? what will be the consequences of non caching all the repository content at startup?

Thanks