[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re-assigning tasks"

Kai Weingärtner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 27 11:13:59 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Re-assigning tasks":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522562#522562

Author  : Kai Weingärtner
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/KaiWeing

Message:
Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding re-assining previously assigned tasks.

1. AFAIK jBPM does not differentiate between an assigned task and a task which is in progress, is that correct?

I would like to be able to find and (manually) reassign already assigned tasks, as long as the assignee is not currently working on it (escalation).

2. How can I retrieve tasks for which a person is a candidate even though the task is already assigned?

I tried the TaskQuery, but filtering for candidates also adds a filter for unassigned tasks.

Is there maybe another way to handle my use case?
- The task should be assigned to a user (sees it in his personal task list, not visible in group task list)
- The assigned task has to be retrieved with just the candidate group
- Updating the assignee via setAssignee( a user from that candidate group )

Any help is much appreciated,

Kai Weingärtner