[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Possible Memory Leak"

Mayank Mittal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 29 03:53:45 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Possible Memory Leak":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522922#522922

Author  : Mayank Mittal
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/mayankmit2002

Message:
Hi All,
    I am using Jboss 4.2.3 with Sun JDK 1.6.0_18 on a 32-bit Debian Linux with 4G of RAM.
   My application is a write insentive application and updates database on every 3 sec.
   Now my problem is that, after few hours of running the application, the RSS size starts growing, although the heap remains at 50%.

I am running the server with following configuration.

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:GCTimeRatio=15 -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=50 -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xss128k"

./run.sh -b $SERVER_IP -c all