[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: Switching seam debug mode"

Piotr Sobczyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 29 14:26:56 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Switching seam debug mode":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523057#523057

Author  : Piotr Sobczyk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/piotr.sobczyk

Message:
> You write "In JBoss Tools project there is no problem" I assume you mean in a seam-gen project there is no problem ?

Yeah, obviously I meand "seam-gen project". Sorry for mistake.

> So what is the problem you are seeing in JBoss Tools ? You have noticed
> that both /hot and /main ends up in /classes too, making /dev simply a
> redundant one which you doesn't get used when deployed ?

No, no. I guess I wasn't too clear. The problem is that while Seam is in debug="false" mode hot deployment is disabled and classes inside WEB-INF/dev are not visible inside Seam application (ClassNotFound exceptions occur). However classes from main are still deployed by JBoss Tools to WEB-INF/classes and classes from hot are still deployed to WEB-INF/dev when debug is set to false. To adress this problem I could move all classes from hot to main before deployment so that all classes will end up in WEB-INF/classes (instead WEB-INF/dev). But moving files in project back and forth between hot and main source directories when every time I want to switch debug mode is quite problematic to say the least.

Is there any way to tell JBoss Tools: "Now I'm using debug mode so you should deploy classes from hot source directory to WEB-INF/classes instead of WEB-INF/dev"?