[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: How to invoke applications in a task activity"

Sebastian Schneider do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 30 02:20:46 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to invoke applications in a task activity":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523097#523097

Author  : Sebastian Schneider
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sebastian.s

Message:
It does not make sense to me to invoke java methods within a user task. Use the java task or the custom task for this. Where's the problem with placing a user task and afterwards a java task in the process? If I got you wrong you still need to elaborate on this. I did not mean using JSF for task forms in the BPM Console. I thought you have been trying to implement your own webclient.

Since you did not state differently I assume you are using jBPM 4. Note that there are differences between jBPM 3 and 4, especially in terms of the API. Please the Java-API doc on the homepage. Everything's in there and in the documentation as well. Afterwards you can ask a more specific question.

I still do not know what exactly you are trying to achieve and why.