[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints"

Pete Muir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 31 14:03:20 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Externalizing Scope: Resolving EJB References and Endpoints":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523217#523217

Author  : Pete Muir
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/petemuir

Message:
The motivation for this is to allow Weld to cluster with EJBs in JBoss AS - currently it won't work.

CDI specifies the session and conversations contexts as being passivation capable, both of which are ultimately backed by the HTTP session. The appraoch Weld uses with Managed Beans is to put an object into the HTTP session which references both the Bean (the metadata) and the contextual instance. We take the same approach with EJBs - except that in this case the contextual instance contains not the "real" instance, but a SessionObjectReference which Weld uses to retrieve the underly EJB.

I'm not fussed how we solve this problem, whether by changing the way Weld works, or adding something to EJB 3. I don't have a good idea how to change this in Weld tho ;-)