[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - ClassCastException in JAXWS-Handler

Bernd Franke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 1 02:12:26 EDT 2010

Bernd Franke [http://community.jboss.org/people/franbekh] created the discussion

"ClassCastException in JAXWS-Handler"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550513#550513

Hello,

I'm using JBoss 5.1.0 and JBossWS-Metro 3.2.2. In our application we have deployed Web Services in
the EJB container and the web container. Within the SOAPHandler I put a Java class in the SOAPMessageContext in
order to read it in my business logic implementation. We are using the same jaxws handlers for the web services
deployed in the ejb container and the web container. Everything works fine in the ejb container. Within the handler
deployed in the web container I get a strange ClassCastException:

07:34:33,541 SEVERE [EndpointMethodHandler] aaa.aa.types.User cannot be aaa.aa.types.User

It seems that the handler has another class loader as the implementation at the web container! Within the debugger
the two classes have different IDs.

Does anybody know what went wrong? If it is a class loader problem how can I configure the JBoss Web Class Loader?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Bernd

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]