[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - new MQConnectionFactory throwing null pointer in jboss

Jesse Reim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 2 13:47:58 EDT 2010

Jesse Reim [http://community.jboss.org/people/jreim] created the discussion

"new MQConnectionFactory throwing null pointer in jboss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550871#550871

Hello all,

I am getting a null pointer when i try to run the command new MQConnectionFactory(); within jboss...

stack trace..

  http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/NullPointerException.html java.lang.NullPointerException
 at  com.ibm.msg.client.jms.internal.JmsFactoryFactoryImpl.getInstance(JmsFactoryFactoryImpl.java:169)
 at  com.ibm.msg.client.jms.admin.JmsConnectionFactoryImpl.setProviderFactory(JmsConnectionFactoryImpl.java:165)
 at  com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory.<init>(MQConnectionFactory.java:271)
I decompiled the method that was throwing the exception and can include it if someone wants to see it

i am fairly new to jboss and i can only assume that some jboss setting is taking precedents. I am trying to hook up as a consumer off an IBM MQ...
I have been working at this for several days now and cant figure this one out...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]