[jboss-user] [JCA] - XA Recovery

Jonathan Halliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 5 08:43:31 EDT 2010

Jonathan Halliday [http://community.jboss.org/people/jhalliday] replied to the discussion

"XA Recovery"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551026#551026

> i'm looking at inbound recovery (via the  ResourceAdapter.getXAResouces(...) call) and from the perspective of an  application writer

Application writer? Last I heard you were an MQ dev at IBM, not an end user.  The first part of that sentence does make sense though - you're basically referring to JCA 1.5 section 12.5.2 I think.

> and  it came as something of a surprise that this might not work 'out of the  box'.

If you can say that with a straight face you've not been watching enough youtube :-)

As far an I can tell from a quick poke though the JCA code, it does not call ResourceAdapter.getXAResources(javax.resource.spi.ActivationSpec[] activationSpecs)  I'm guessing that's an implementation decision based on the assumption that a call to ManagedConnection.getXAResource().recover() will return equivalent information instead.

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]