[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Sockets left in CLOSE_WAIT on server for JMS connections

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 5 22:30:12 EDT 2010

Ron Sigal [http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Sockets left in CLOSE_WAIT on server for JMS connections"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551120#551120

Hi Amar,

Sorry ... your response fell through the cracks.

I looked at your server.log, but I don't see anything strange.  There are four worker threads, each one managing exactly one socket.  When the worker threads close, they close their socket.  I.e., you should see four sockets in CLOSE_WAIT for a few minutes.  I'm guessing that maybe you attached a server.log with a simple case as a demonstration.  In general, if you see one socket in CLOSE_WAIT per closed worker thread, then everything is normal.  Is that not what you're seeing?

By the way, have you tried increasing the number of file descriptors with ulimit -n?

-Ron

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]