[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM4.4: XMLUtil.element(Element, String, Parse) always returns false

Kevin Moodley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 9 02:18:45 EDT 2010

Kevin Moodley [http://community.jboss.org/people/kevinmoodley] created the discussion

"JBPM4.4: XMLUtil.element(Element, String, Parse) always returns false"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551842#551842

This method uses the org.w3c.dom.Node.getLocalName() method.
In my environment org.w3c.dom.Node is implemented by com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.NodeImpl in JDK 1.6.

Unfortunately, in this implementation the getLocalName() method always returns null.

/**
     * Introduced in DOM Level 2. <p>
     *
     * Returns the local part of the qualified name of this node.
     * For nodes created with a DOM Level 1 method, such as createElement
     * from the Document interface, and for nodes of any type other than
     * ELEMENT_NODE and ATTRIBUTE_NODE this is the same as the nodeName
     * attribute.
     * @since WD-DOM-Level-2-19990923
     * @see AttrNSImpl
     * @see ElementNSImpl
     */
    public String             getLocalName()
    {
        return null;
    }

Questions:
          Which implementation of org.w3c.dom.Node should I use?
          How do I get that implementation to be picked up instead of the default com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.NodeImpl.[Note: Using Maven]

Thanks
Kevin