[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Dynamic AOP + Hot Swap + Not able to get it work

Vivek Nandavanam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 15 08:43:15 EDT 2010

Vivek Nandavanam [http://community.jboss.org/people/VivekNandavanam] created the discussion

"Dynamic AOP + Hot Swap + Not able to get it work"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/552766#552766

Hello,

I am very new to JBoss and AOP. I have been trying to implement dynamic aop and i am using jboss-4.2.3-GA and JDK 1.6.0_01.
Jboss aop in use is the one that comes with 4.2.3 by default.
An interceptor that i created is getting invoke from an application.
>From this interceptor i am calling a session bean which has a method to return a string.
I have deployed the session bean along with the home and remote interface in one jar, and the interceptor in a plain jar.
The extract from the *-aop.xml is as below:

<aop>

   <prepare expr="all(com.test.interceptor.InterceptorClass)"/>

   <typedef name="Transform" expr="class(com.other.test.Bean)"/>

     <bind pointcut="execution(* $typedef{Transform}->someMethod(..))">
        <interceptor class="com.test.interceptor.InterceptorClass"/>
    </bind>

</aop>

I am making a change in the session bean and redeploying it so that it returns a different string without starting jboss.
But i see that the changes are not reflected.
The 'EnableLoadtimeWeaving' attribute is set to true in jboss-service.xml and i have added -javaagent:pluggable-instrumentor.jar in run.bat file.
The example ear and wars created using jboss aop1.5 seem to work fine.

I read about enabling the hot swap feature, but how is that done in jboss.
Since i am compiling the session beans outside of jboss and then redeploying them.
So all i want to do is to redeploy my session bean without restarting jboss in runtime.

Please point me in the right direction.

-Regards,
Vivek

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]