[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Port 1098 is taken

Jason Levinsohn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 27 15:22:23 EDT 2010

Jason Levinsohn [http://community.jboss.org/people/jasonlevinsohn] replied to the discussion

"Port 1098 is taken"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554683#554683

Hello everyone,

This would be my first post, but I found a solution I don't think anyone has tried yet.  For me the problem was that there was another process called alg.exe running using port 1098. It is a windows program which allows other clients needing ports to be able to have one dynamically in windows or something like that.  If you have that process running check the TCPViewer to see if it using that port and shut that thang down.  I hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

jason

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]