[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Capturing the initiator user

Charles Aznavour do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 28 04:14:13 EDT 2010

Charles Aznavour [http://community.jboss.org/people/charles_a] replied to the discussion

"Capturing the initiator user"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554769#554769

Hi Klaus,

we had the same requirement. We use jbpm 4.4 and create a histroy variable on process start:

String userId = ...
ProcessInstance processInstance = ....
executionService.createVariable(processInstance.getId(), "initiatior", userId, true);

The "true" makes this variable a history variable. Especially useful as you could query the database for it (we do it outside of jbpm), even for ended processes. As we also need the initiator in a swimlane during process intatiation, so we additionally pass this value as a regular process parameter in the startProcessInstance method.

Cheers,
Charles