[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - getting "Message to JBossTopic ... not processed"

ranjix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 28 16:24:45 EDT 2010

ranjix [http://community.jboss.org/people/ranjix] created the discussion

"getting "Message to JBossTopic ... not processed""

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554885#554885

Hey guys, sorry for the bother.

I use JBoss Community Edition 5.1.0GA, and I do have an issue with MDBs. Basically they seem to work intermittently. I do have a client which posts a message into a topic, and a subscriber which uses an MDB to pick up the respective message from the topic and use it. Fairly straightforward. The issue is that it doesn't work *every time*, from my tests it looks like once every three times it fails (messages don't make it to the subscriber). When it fails, it shows in the system.out a message like "+14:41:58,469 INFO  [STDOUT] Warning:  Message to JBossTopic[com.bluemartini.DBUtilTopic] not processed: delegator->JBossMessage[5243929060474880]:NON-PERSISTENT, deliveryId=0+".

the questions:
1. any idea what's going on, why it doesn't work every time? Looks like some timing issues, but no clue how to resolve. Making the subscription durable didn't help.
2. how can I get the sources to whichever class is printing out the "Message to JBossTopic"? I downloaded sources, looked through them, couldn't figure out. It seems that the part with "delegator->JBossMessage" comes from a org.jboss.jms.message.MessageProxy toString method, but can't find where is the other part coming from (the one with Message to JBossTopic). The fact that's the second issue for which I can't find the sources starts bothering me. I'll look into how to download ALL the sources (using subversion or something).

Thanks for any idea,
ranjix

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]