[jboss-user] JBoss 4.2.3 and Platform JMX

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Jul 30 15:58:10 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I have an application that prevents JBoss AS 4.2.3. with Sun JDK1.5.0_22 from starting with JMX
remote enabled, so I cannot use jconsole to inspect the Platform and JBoss MBeans. If I remove the
application, JBoss starts fine with JMX Remote. If I remove JMX Remote flags from run.conf
JAVA_OPTS, JBoss starts fine with the application.

When I try to start JBoss AS with both the application and JMX Remote enabled, each and every WAR
package triggers and error like:

2010-07-30 09:06:13,466 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not start deployment:
file:/home/lozano/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/wcm10/deploy/exoplatform.sar/01eXoResources.war
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.system:service=ServiceController

I have not checked if those erros happen only for WAR packages or if they also happen for another
kinds of packages. My server.log becomes so full with erros that it's pointless to send them to the
list. This was only thr first one.

I have used a brand-new install from JBoss and from the app. The app is eXo WCM 1.0 availabe from
objectweb.org.

I am used to add JMX Remote following instructions from
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossMBeansInJConsole and using a number of JMX clients besides
jconsole, for instance Zabbix Zapcat, and this was the first time I had problems. I have no idea
about what to look for in the application or JBoss configs that could cause this.

[]s, Fernando Lozano