[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Development] - XPost - Remoting from unsigned applet - ClassLoader security

David Lloyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 1 19:16:40 EDT 2010

David Lloyd [http://community.jboss.org/people/david.lloyd%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"XPost - Remoting from unsigned applet - ClassLoader security"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/545721#545721

> fatbatman wrote:
>
> Hi Ron,
>
> I never got a chance to look at this in the end, any ideas how things have changed going to remoting 3?  in short, is there an easy way to use remoting 3 from an unsigned applet? if not how to go about it...

As long as you're connecting back to the server which served the page, it *should* work under 3.1+ (however this has not been tested) because R3 does not require any of the actions that are "forbidden" to unsigned applets.  Testing might reveal that some things - like reading system properties - might not be appropriately guarded against SecurityExceptions though.

Also the "default" way of creating an endpoint relies on reading system properties so it might be necessary to use the more manual enpoint creation methods ("Remoting.createEndpoint(...)").

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2051]