[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Where does org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule get usernames and passwords from?

Breako Beats do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 8 18:06:41 EDT 2010

Breako Beats [http://community.jboss.org/people/breako] created the discussion

"Where does org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule get usernames and passwords from?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546908#546908

Hi,
The Security F.A.Q explain how the SecurityClient API's can be used to set up a user via JAAS on a EJB client.
However, I am having difficult to get these API's to pick up the login configuration.  Usually on a standalone client using JAAS, this is specified as a VM argument. For example: -Djava.security.auth.login.config=./conf/auth.conf.

However, when I do this, my client can't pick it up.  I get:

java.lang.SecurityException: ./conf/auth.conf (No such file or directory)
    at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

any help appreciated.