[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Subprocess transition in a fork is not working

HuiSheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 8 21:52:44 EDT 2010

HuiSheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"Subprocess transition in a fork is not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546924#546924

Hi Rachel,

Because in jBPM4, all of operations will be done in the Environment. e.g. we invoke findProcessInstanceById(),  jbpm4 will open an environment and open a hibernate session, then do the real cmd, after return result, jbpm4 will close the environment and close relate hibernate session.

When we get a process instance or execution from executionService, the instance couldnot automaticly notice when the related record in database being updated.  Because the session of hibernate has been closed.

So commonly, after we do some operations likes signal, we should re-get the process instance or execution from executionService, then we could get the real state.  Otherwise what we get will be always the 'OLD' data.