[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 04:23:15 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546983#546983

> ANIL SALDHANA wrote:
>
> If I need to integration testing with JBossWS, I would prefer to see an ant script that does not have many directories with a lot of duplicated jars and tests/docs etc.

which duplicated jars? The only things I see that might seem "duplicated" (but actually are not) are the container integration related directories (deploy/resources/jbossws-jbossXYZ). Of course just one of them is used, depending on the selected target container.
> The requirement is very simple - provide the least painful means to install the latest version of JBossWS on to an existing AS install.

We do run integration testing using the binary distribution every night. We had an issue with 3.3.0 testing that went un-noticed (the reason being the hudson job not starting from a clean AS at every binary distribution installation), but that problem with testing is being resolved, while the actual issue in the distribution is fixed in 3.3.1 (available since yesterday).
Besides that, installing the binary distribution for integration testing is really a matter of 2 commands:

cp ant.properties.example ant.properties
ant -Djboss510.home=/home/alessio/jboss-5.1.0.GA -Djbossws.integration.target=jboss510 deploy-jboss51

.. assuming you're using AS 5.1.0. Please note the contents in ant.properties are overwritten by the env props you provide to ant, so you don't need to edit ant.properties in a automatic job running the tests.
If that really hurts, we can even try avoiding enforcing the copy of ant.properties.example when env props are provided. The rest does not seem that painfull to me.

The script removes what needs to be removed from the AS and copies what needs to be copied.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]