[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - foreach activity

Alejandro Guizar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 05:37:03 EDT 2010

Alejandro Guizar [http://community.jboss.org/people/alex.guizar%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"foreach activity"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547005#547005

> Walter Seymore escribió:
> I also thought the expression was a completion condition. Are you saying that the multiplicity attribute can be used in the same way? Let's say a rule execution determines that it should complete, would it be possible to write a multiplicity expression like this (pseudo code) "#{rule.result ? numberCompleted : items.size}"?
The multiplicity expression can be used as a completion condition, but I know what you mean. It has to return an integer instead of a boolean. While the expression can read the process variables, requiring a numeric result makes completion conditions that depend on variables besides the number of joined executions rather cumbersome.

On the other hand, the foreach examples provided so far can be resolved without a boolean completion condition. Plus, the multiplicity attribute was already present since version 4.0 of the jPDL schema. Relying on it for version 4.4 gives us time to discuss if we will need a more generic completion condition.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]