[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] - Wildcard support in Dynamic-imports

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 08:55:42 EDT 2010

Adrian Brock [http://community.jboss.org/people/warjort] replied to the discussion

"Wildcard support in Dynamic-imports"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547066#547066

> Ales Justin wrote:
>
> > And I have no idea how to hack around this dynamic loader to policy's delegates addition.
> This would actually have to be done on CLInfo.
>
> e.g.
> ClassLoaderPolicy policy = getPolicy();
> ClassLoaderInformation info = policy.getInformation(); // exposing this as protected in super, public in CLP
> *if* (info != *null*)
>    info.addDelegate(loader); // new public method
>

> Adding this hacks makes all previous wildcard tests pass. :-)

Don't expose the stuff from spi.base - its implementation detail.
Add proper helper methods to the stuff in spi.

Its easy to make things public or protected, but then you'll have people poking around and breaking things.

All you want to do is add a delegate at runtime, not expose the ugly guts of the classloader! :-)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2115]