[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - JBOSS 5.1.0GA + EJB/JNDI over HTTPS

Jo Vandermeeren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 9 11:40:19 EDT 2010

Jo Vandermeeren [http://community.jboss.org/people/jo_v] created the discussion

"JBOSS 5.1.0GA + EJB/JNDI over HTTPS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547144#547144

Hi there,

I am trying to tunnel EJB and JNDI operations over a single HTTP(S) port by using the unified invoker.

The client application is a Swing GUI launched via webstart.
The server is the stock "default" JBoss 5.1.0GA application server.

I have walked through the UnifiedInvoker guide ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/unified_invoker/UnifiedInvoker_guide.html#d0e63 http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/unified_invoker/UnifiedInvoker_guide.html#d0e63), the JBoss Remoting 2.5 documentation, and JBoss In Action.

Basic HTTPS configuration went fine, but to get the tunneling part to work (and debug the network traffic more easily), I switched back to plain HTTP.

Attempts:
When I change the transport to http and use the use the mentioned Un/Marshallers as mentioned in the UnifiedInvoker guide, and change the client properties for the initial context, I get a server-side stack trace.
When I deploy the ServerInvokerServlet as mentioned in a wiki post ( http://community.jboss.org/wiki/EJB3overHTTPHTTPSinJBossAS-5 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/EJB3overHTTPHTTPSinJBossAS-5), communication still happens via socket 4446, not the desired port.

Any help on getting this to work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]