[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services CXF] - XTS tests broken in AS trunk after switch to CXF stack in 3.3.0

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 10 15:40:58 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"XTS tests broken in AS trunk after switch to CXF stack in 3.3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547442#547442

> Alessio Soldano wrote:
>
> I'm thinking of an alternative solution; it should be possible to use the Exchange associated to a given message as the mean for shipping the endpoint instance to the invoker. I'm thinking of using a custom ServletDestination for adding the endpoint to the exchange after it's been created. I'll try this later today or early tomorrow morning, then I'll most probably need you to help again with testing the solution.

Using a custom ServletDestion actually also requires redefining the ServletDefinitionFactory, hence it's not that a brilliant solution.
Another (most probably) better idea I'm currently evaluating is installing a custom interceptor early in the server incoming chain (the MAPAggregator runs at PRE_LOGICAL phase, so any time before that should be fine). That interceptor would populate the the current Exchange with the Endpoint, which we should be able to safely retrieve using the thread local at that point (no new thread created or access to thread pool yet).

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services CXF at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2046]