[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Big memory usuage increase after upgraded from 4.2.1.GA to 5.1.0.GA

Samuel Cai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 11 06:47:18 EDT 2010

Samuel Cai [http://community.jboss.org/people/samuel.cai] replied to the discussion

"Big memory usuage increase after upgraded from 4.2.1.GA to 5.1.0.GA"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547542#547542

I tried a change on VFS, class org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipFileWrapper, method openStream:
From:
ZipEntryInputStream zis = new ZipEntryInputStream(this, is);
return zis;
To:
//ZipEntryInputStream zis = new ZipEntryInputStream(this, is);
//return zis;
return is;

That is, don't use ZipEntryInputStream, let any class/method invoking openStream to close zipFile's inputStream immediatelly.
ZipFile will be in open status, but all steams will be closed well.

This makes the process size down to same as JBoss 4's. I tried going through first 3 pages of site, no problems. May need QA team to test more.

I guess this is a weird bug only happen on our environment.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]