[jboss-user] Seam Eclipse project w/ Maven - broken out of the box?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Jun 13 00:31:27 EDT 2010

I use the New Project wizard in Eclipse 3.5 to create a set of Seam projects
named demo, demo-ejb, etc.  The projects seem to work correctly: the code
compiles, Servers view launches the app, etc.

The only problem is that the demo-tests project doesn't seem to work at all.
Has anybody gotten this to work "out of the box"?  Or does it require some
tweaking to make it work?

More deatils: I'm using
JDK 1.6.0_20
Eclipse 3.5
JBoss Tools 3.1
m2eclipse 0.10
TestNG

I have installed the WTP patch - 2010 04 13.

I have added -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true to the TestNG launch
configuration.

JBoss embedded fails to start, saying

*** DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPLOYERS: Name

vfsfile:/home/tbryan/Eclipse/Workspaces/data/demo-test/bootstrap/conf/jboss-
service.xml
vfsfile:/home/tbryan/Eclipse/Workspaces/data/demo-
test/bootstrap/deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml
vfsfile:/home/tbryan/Eclipse/Workspaces/data/demo-
test/bootstrap/deployers/ejb-deployer-beans.xml

I'm trying to figure out whether I have some local problem or whether the
TestNG part of JBoss Tools + Seam + Maven simply doesn't work.

Thanks,
---Tom