[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - exception from CacheJmxWrapperMBean.getCache()

Peter Petrovics do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 14 12:47:25 EDT 2010

Peter Petrovics [http://community.jboss.org/people/szerintedmi] created the discussion

"exception from CacheJmxWrapperMBean.getCache()"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547863#547863

I'm trying to reach the same cache from two different webapps running on the same Tomcat.

The first time it starts I'm registering with the following code:
{code}
jbossCache = new DefaultCacheFactory().createCache(configFile);
cacheJmxWrapper = new CacheJmxWrapper(jbossCache);

ObjectInstance oi = mBeanServer.registerMBean(cacheJmxWrapper, on);
// tryied this way too:
//JmxRegistrationManager jmxRegManager = new  JmxRegistrationManager(mBeanServer, jbossCache, on);
 //jmxRegManager.registerAllMBeans();

log.info("Cache started. MBean objName: " + oi.getObjectName());
{code}

I try to get a reference through JMX with this code:
{code}
mBeanServer = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();

cacheJmxWrapper =
                        (CacheJmxWrapperMBean) MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(mBeanServer, on,
                        CacheJmxWrapperMBean.class, false);

Object o;   // just to show the issue
o = cacheJmxWrapper.getCache();
{code}

I receive the following exception from the last line:
{code}
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.cache.invocation.CacheInvocationDelegate cannot be cast to org.jboss.cache.Cache
        at $Proxy17.getCache(Unknown Source)
{code}
I tried several different methods to register/get reference.
Am I missing a point or is it a bug?

As I read JNDI would be a workaroun but can't find proper description how to setup (and setting on production server would be a bit complicated because of restricted access). I there any other way to reach the same cache from different webapps?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]