[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How do I turn off jBPM 4.3 transactional persistence?

Chris Toomey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 16 08:48:50 EDT 2010

Chris Toomey [http://community.jboss.org/people/cntoomey] replied to the discussion

"How do I turn off jBPM 4.3 transactional persistence?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548243#548243

Hi, I'm evaluating jBPM for use in controlling the processing of a single HTTP request to a web application (we want to have configurable bucket testing of different request-processing flows), so I'm also interested in how to disable persistence.  It seems that even persisting to an in-memory database would involve a fair bit of needless (in my case) overhead to read/write execution state through layers of jbpm, jdbc, and hsqldb on every transition in the workflow.

Is it definitely not possible to disable this altogether, even when using the low-level client API?  If it can be disabled, where specifically in jbpm.default.cfg.xml or included files is this done?

Also, if it's not possible to disable DB persistence in jbpm4, is it in jbpm3?  How / where in the config. file?

thx much,
Chris