[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - problem with seam and mdb on jboss5.1

Simon Cigoj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 16 16:19:41 EDT 2010

Simon Cigoj [http://community.jboss.org/people/SimonCigoj] created the discussion

"problem with seam and mdb on jboss5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548355#548355

I have a problem when using a mdb as a seam component. In the bean I inject some other seam somponents.
The problem is that when the server restart after a crash and the mdb is deployed it starts reading the messages
but seam is not initialized yet and I got an exception(listed above). If i start the server whith the queues

empty and submit a message to queue after the server start it is working ok.

The mdb is anothated like this :

@Name("videoConverter")
 @MessageDriven(name = "VideoConverter",
  activationConfig = {
  @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
  @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination", propertyValue = "queue/VideoConverterQueue"),
 @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue = "1")
  })
@Pool(value = PoolDefaults.POOL_IMPLEMENTATION_STRICTMAX, maxSize = 1, timeout = 10000

Is there a posibility to stop or delay the sending off messages on server startup and start sending them only when
seam is fully funcional? I tried the @Depends antotatin on the bean but withowt success from the possible solution
mentioned here  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBSEAM-2286?focusedCommentId=12535875 https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBSEAM-2286?focusedCommentId=12535875 but no success.

my environment : jboss5.1 GA seam 2.2.0 GA jboss messaging 1.4

Any help would be appreceated

the error on startup :

11:24:20,477 ERROR [TxPolicy] javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Attempted to invoke a Seam component outside an initialized application
11:24:30,483 ERROR [TxPolicy] javax.ejb.EJBException: Failed to acquire the pool semaphore, strictTimeout=10000

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]