[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem with stopping subProcesses (jbpm 4.3)

Daniel Schiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 17 06:19:05 EDT 2010

Daniel Schiller [http://community.jboss.org/people/danny_fh] replied to the discussion

"Problem with stopping subProcesses (jbpm 4.3)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548478#548478

Hi HuiSheng Xu,

thanks for your reply. The main reason for all the stuff are the requests of our customer.
I don't want the main process to go on running, because in every activity there are operations executed in another system (i realised this with some customActivities already). Therefore, if the process is signaled to stop from outside, it has to stop right where it is, so that none of the remaining operations would be executed. Therefore i don't care, if the process is in a dead wait state. But i will change the state of the historyProcessInstance to "ended", so that it can be found as ended instance and will not be counted to the active ones.
What would be your suggestion for using customActivity in this case?
Anyway i'm afraid, that a further request would be, that this stop-function should work for any process. Not only those containing a special customActivity of me....

Thanks in advance,
Daniel