[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Invoking web service from an ExternalActivityBehaviour

Stephane Malbequi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 17 11:53:36 EDT 2010

Stephane Malbequi [http://community.jboss.org/people/smalbequi] created the discussion

"Invoking web service from an ExternalActivityBehaviour"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548545#548545

Hi,

I have a class loading problem when I try to consume a web service from an ExternalActivityBehaviour.

I will try to explain :

1 I have generated a web service client with the jaxws maven plugin

2 I have tested it with a JUnit test : it's ok

3 I have created a process and have used the same code as the unit test in an ExternalActivityBehaviour in order to consume the web service

4 I have packaged the process in a *bar file* and deployed it with an ant build file. The bar file contains the jpdl  files, the ExternalActivityBehaviour class and all jaxws generated classes.

5 When the process starts and enter in the custom node, I obtain "*Cannot load service endpoint interface*" because "*ClassNotFoundException*" (the generated client interface in fact)

If I have understood, the classloader (the same used by the SOAP stack) can't find the classes of my bar file.

I read some posts that say : with jbpm3 we have to add java source files in the process archive. So I have tested and packaged a new bar file with the .java files near .class files, but same result.

So my question is : *How to consume a web service from an ExternalActivityBehaviour with the generated client classes all packaged in a bar file*.

I have no war file, just a bar file to deploy. I hope I haven't to put all generated classes in a jar and in a jboss lib directory.

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane.

jBPM 4.3, JBoss 4.2.1.GA