[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0

ANIL SALDHANA do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 18 10:32:08 EDT 2010

ANIL SALDHANA [http://community.jboss.org/people/anil.saldhana%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Installing JBossWS Native on JBAS 5.1.0"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548721#548721

At this time, for PicketLink integration test suite, we use JBAS 5.1.0 in a zip form that we extract few times before the tests. The JBossWS installation in current form is not usable for our build (I already looked into it).  I am repeating again, that it is a bloated distribution. You need to listen to your end users.

Look at our downloads for PicketLink:   http://jboss.org/picketlink/downloads.html http://jboss.org/picketlink/downloads.html
We do all the hard work for our users.

All I require is the following:
1. The bare distribution of jars/xml DD etc in a zip/tar format that I can use for AS 5.1
2. If there is a list of jars that I need to remove from the AS 5.1 distribution after the unzip, I can incorporate that into my build for "post-install".

But I cannot accept the installation process that you have for JBossWS at this time.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]