[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - JBOSS 5.1.0GA + EJB/JNDI over HTTPS

Chris Russell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 18 16:47:58 EDT 2010

Chris Russell [http://community.jboss.org/people/crussell42] replied to the discussion

"JBOSS 5.1.0GA + EJB/JNDI over HTTPS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/548789#548789

Never tried the unified invoker.
Only the servlet invoker which worked well. Performance not that bad.
All of our calls are long running and so we thread those invocations and show
status dialogs so no particular issue on invocation performance.

Let us know how the unified works out if you persue further.

Wax Nostalgic:
What ever happened to the (Steven's unix programming) style books which lay out fully formed examples rather than
code snippits and esoteric references. A good programmer can come in on a new technology and pick up all the neuances in short order
but only if there are complete examples which fill in the blanks on what you normally use and or how to transition to the new tech.

I agree there is not nearly enough documentation on how the invokers work, the
ack, nacks et all. It is stuck in someones head rather than laid out in documents as it should be.
(Yes I could go spend a week deciphering the code but cant because of reality and bills)

I am also shocked that more people are not confused by the diff invoker capabilities and
which is best of breed. Which will prevail?
rmi over ssl
hhtps via servlet
unified (any) over ssl or https.
OpenSSO for the SOA platform (long shot client inclusion).

I think too many people never make it past the demos to consider this.

Good luck.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]